“Maximizing your return on investment”
Our metrics driven approach to Property Management differs from our competitors because we focus on your Return on Investment. We have found that many 3rd party managers tend to focus solely on income and occupancy. While income is important; it is only half of the equation. We focus on income and expense management to ensure your property is generating the highest possible return on investment.
Berger Real Estate Services is a full-service property management company that handles all facets of residential property management. Our reputation is built on a 35 year, multi-generational history of providing outstanding performance and maintaining trusted relationships. At the cornerstone of our success is a skilled, close-knit management team which combines talent, expertise, and professionalism with a positive, pro-active approach. Berger Real Estate Services’ goal-oriented management philosophy is dedicated to exceeding resident expectations and fostering a strong sense of community at every property we manage.
Facts about the Properties We Manage
- We have mastered alternative revenue streams, which has resulted in our communities earning an annual average of over $700 per apartment in non-apartment rental income.
- Our communities operating income has increased by 4.88% and 7.80%, 11.89% in 2010, 2011, and 2012 respectively.
- Our communities’ occupancy has been 95.15%, 96.9%, and 96.3% while our annual rental increases have averaged 4.50%, 3.80%, and 4.85% for 2010, 2011, and 2012, respectively.
- Our communities’ have 37.3% less bad debt loss than the industry average.
- Our communities’ resident retention rate is 14.3% better than the industry average.
- 96% of residents are satisfied with their move-in experience.
- 23.4% of new residents have been referred to their community by satisfied residents. This is our top advertising source.
Expense Management Saves Our Residents Money
- Average of $73 per apartment per year in trash removal which is achieved through economies of scale and contract negotiations
- Average Insurance premiums are $166/apartment in 2012 with no increase in 2013 which is 26.5% lower than industry average
- Utility conservation program geared towards minimizing owner’s total utility expense with an emphasis on water conservation.
- Over a 15 % reduction in electric and natural gas costs through improved procurement of the commodity and conservation efforts
- Over a 50% reduction in water expense through water conservation initiatives
- Trailing 12 expense management reports to evaluate trends and additional cost cutting opportunities.
Visit www.bergermanagement.com for more information.