Atlanta, GA: The City in a Forest
With an estimated 498,715 residents, Atlanta is the most populous city in Georgia. It also serves as the state capital and the seat of Fulton County. Known as “The City in a Forest,” Atlanta’s topography consists of rolling hills and an abundance of trees. Other nicknames for the city include “ATL,” “Hotlanta,” and “Hollywood of the South.”
Atlanta has a very diverse and robust economy, making it a huge draw for young professionals. The city also boasts a vibrant arts and culture scene, with prominent attractions in the sectors of music, art, theater, film, and television. Notable points of interest include the Woodruff Arts Center, the Fox Theatre, the Museum of Design Atlanta, and the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center.
The city also hosts a number of annual festivals such as the Atlanta Film Festival, the Shaky Knees Music Festival, Atlanta Pride, and Music Midtown, among many others. Additionally, sports play a major role in the city’s culture. It is home to four major sports teams: the Atlanta Hawks (NBA), the Atlanta Braves (MLB), the Atlanta United FC (MLS), and the Atlanta Falcons (NFL).
Apart from that, Atlanta boasts an active nightlife scene, a diverse population, good public schools, and no shortage of outdoor activities. All this and more make this Georgia city a truly wonderful place to live.
What Is Atlanta’s Rental Market Like?
Atlanta has a competitive real estate market. The median listing price for a home in this city is $260,100, which is 14% above the national median. Rent is also rather expensive compared to other American cities. In fact, in 2019, the median rent in Atlanta was $1,224. In contrast, the national median for rent in the same year was $1,097.
Image via deptofnumbers.com
The number of residents who rent their homes versus those who own their homes, though, don’t differ as much. About 57% of the population in Atlanta are renters, leaving the remaining 43% as homeowners. Because of the large supply of renters, the demand for rental properties in the city remains high, presenting an opportunity to property investors.
Image via towncharts.com
Moreover, Atlanta has a fairly low vacancy rate. In 2019, the city had a vacancy rate of 6.20%. This is lower than the state vacancy rate (7.28%) and only a little higher than the national vacancy rate (5.97%). If these aren’t enough to convince you, Atlanta is also quite landlord-friendly. Georgia’s eviction laws are more relaxed, giving landlords an easier time to remedy issues with unpaid rent.
How an Atlanta Property Management Company Can Help
Atlanta is clearly an attractive space for rental property investors. Buying a rental property, though, is completely different from managing one. It takes a lot of time and expertise to successfully become a landlord. Most people are simply not cut out for that kind of work or have no interest in hands-on management. But, that should not hold you back from such a lucrative investment.
The answer to your woes is an Atlanta rental management company. With professional management, you can wash away all your worries and look forward to more free time while simultaneously earning rental income. What can a property management company do for you?
- Advertise your listing
- Screen and process tenants
- Oversee property showings
- Set and collect rent
- Create a lease agreement
- Perform move-in, move-out, and routine inspections
- Enforce your lease terms
- Manage maintenance and repairs
- Respond to tenant complaints
- Manage your budget
- Help with tax calculations
- File evictions
In Need of Property Management in Atlanta?
If you need a professional property management company in Atlanta, Rental Choice is the first place to go. Look for the best companies in your area with the help of our comprehensive online directory. We only list reliable property management companies, so you can rest assured your investment is in good hands.