Summary Of Services
In exchange for the base management fee APM provides the following services:
- Advertising – APM will arrange for all advertising associated with any property. We advertise free, on our website, Craigslist, Trulia, Facebook and Postlets. For a fee, we can also advertise in the Bozeman Chronicle.
- Tenant Screening – It is APM’s policy to check landlord references, credit, income, the Department of Corrections Registry, and the Sexual & Violent Offender Registry.
- Tenant Move-In Processing – A representative of APM reviews all lease paperwork with each tenant prior to move-in including a rental contract and a move-in condition form.
- Rent Collection – APM collects monthly rents from all tenants, issues default notices when rent is unpaid by 5:00 p.m. on the 4th of any month, contacts legal counsel to process evictions when necessary. Actual cost of legal service will be billed to the owner.
- Statement Processing – Following collection of rent, APM processes statements and payments to owners each month prior to the last day of each month. In most cases, statements are processed and issued to owners between the 10th and 20th of each month.
- Issues Tenant Notices – APM issues notices to tenants for such acts as disturbing tenant’s neighbors, unauthorized pets or people, or improper disposal of trash.
- Property Inspections – A representative of APM inspects each unit approximately 90 days after any new tenant move-in, then every 6 months after that. Future inspection dates are determined upon the findings of the first inspection. In addition, a representative of APM either drives by or walks through each property on a regular basis and may conduct additional inspections based on information gathered at that time.
- Tenant Move-Out Processing – A representative of APM conducts a final inspection of the unit with the departing tenant present. Upon completion of that inspection, APM calculates any amount to be withheld from the tenant security deposit and under the guidelines of Montanan Landlord Tenant Law processes that information and either bills the tenant accordingly or refunds the necessary portion of the security deposit to the tenant.
- Property Maintenance – APM provides 24-hour on-call maintenance services.
Additional services provided by APM at an additional charge to the owner based on time:
- Maintenance Services – APM maintenance employees will address general maintenance items. Alliance’s current hourly rate is $35 per hour and is subject to change. Major maintenance work such as re-wiring of properties, snaking of drains, and major appliance repair, will be contracted out to a local vendor and their rates may vary.