Top City Searches in Utah
Utah: The Beehive State
Utah has an estimated population of 3,271,616 residents. It is the 13th-largest state by area and also the 11th-least densely populated. Salt Lake City serves as both the capital and most populous city in the state. Utah is known for its large Mormon population, a majority of whom belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints.
Utah is home to a thriving arts and culture scene. There are several museums in the state, such as the Natural History Museum of Utah
, the Utah Museum of Fine Arts
, and the Utah Museum of Contemporary Art
. There are also a number of performing arts companies that operate in Utah, including the Utah Symphony
and the Utah Opera Company
Sports also play a significant role in the culture of Utah. Major sports teams that are based in the state include the Utah Jazz (NBA) and Real Salt Lake (MLS). Colleges and universities located here include the University of Utah
, Utah State University
, and Provo College
Other than that, Utah boasts many splendid natural attractions and gorgeous scenery. Notable locations include Zion National Park
, Bryce Canyon National Park
, Arches National Park
, Canyonlands National Park
, and Capitol Reef National Park
Analyzing Utah's Rental Market
Utah has an attractive rental market. The median sale price
for a home in the Beehive State is $464,500, which indicates a 23.2% year-over-year increase. There are also many renters living in Utah. In fact, renters make up 29.8% of the state's total population.
Image via towncharts.com
In terms of rent, Utah matches the national median. The median rent in the state was $1,098 in 2019, while the national median at the time was $1,097. Rent has been steadily on the rise here since 2011.
Image via deptofnumbers.com
In addition to that, Utah is a somewhat landlord-friendly state. There are no statewide rent control laws here, and the eviction process is relatively easy.
When to Hire a Utah Property Management Company
A property management company can help landlords with their everyday duties and responsibilities. This includes finding and screening tenants, conducting property inspections, collecting rent, enforcing lease terms, overseeing maintenance, and answering tenant concerns. A company can also help with tax preparations, budget management, and evictions.
But, how do you know it's time to hire a Utah rental management company?
- No Time. Finding time out of your day to manage your rental property can be difficult when you have a full-time job and personal responsibilities.
- Lack of Experience. Managing a rental property is no easy feat. Apart from time, it also demands expertise, something that not all landlords are equipped with.
- Multi-Property Owner. Owning several rental properties might be a good way to earn extra income, but it can get very burdensome if you're unable to manage them all at the same time.
- Place of Residence. Do you live far from your rental property? Driving back and forth just to show the place to tenants and oversee maintenance work is a waste of time and money.
- Lack of Interest. If you simply dislike the thought of managing a rental property alone, then hiring a professional is the way to go.
Looking for Property Management in Utah?
Finding a property management company in Utah can be difficult if you don't know where to begin. Rental Choice aims to make the process easier for rental property owners like you. Using our online directory, you can search for property management companies in your city or state. Trust that our online database only lists reliable and experienced companies to help you manage your rental property.